When notifications are set up and configured, lending libraries can send standard and custom email messages to borrowing libraries using the Email button located on the request screen.
Send a notification
To send an email notification to a borrowing library:
If you have enabled manual notifications, you can send these at any time in the Tipasa interface. Any notifications you have enabled as Manual sending in WorldShare interface will be available to send.
Note: Depending on the request, the list of templates enabled for manual sending will be pre-filtered:
- Borrowing Library to Patron - These notifications are available when viewing an interlibrary request as a Borrower. The To Email defaults to the patron's email.
- Lending Library to Borrowing Library - These notifications are available when viewing an interlibrary loan request as a Lender. The To Email must be entered.
- Document Delivery Library to Patron - These notifications are available when viewing a Document Delivery request. The To Email defaults to the patron's email.
- Other - The Full Request Details (the default Tipasa template) and the Custom notifications are always available. The To Email must be entered.
To send a manual notification:
- In the Tipasa interface, locate the request you want to send a notification about.
- On the Send Message window, click Choose a template.
- All applicable notifications that you have enabled for Manual sending in the WorldShare interface will appear in the list. Standard notifications appear first (in order of the workflow), followed by custom notifications (in alphabetical order). Select the notification you want to send.
- The message information is populated with the customized data you supplied for the notification in Service Configuration.
- You can edit the message and add any information you want before sending the notification.
- Click Send.
Note: Sending a manual notification will not override automated notifications. If a manual notification is sent to alert the patron of an event, the system will also automatically generate a notification to the patron when the status of the item changes.
Lending Library to Borrowing Library notification types
Libraries can choose from the following standard notifications or create up to 50 custom notifications. To learn more about creating and sending custom notifications, see Edit and send notifications.