Learn how to use Notify Patron.
From the Options menu in Search Manual, Query Request, Review Alerts, Review Queue, select Notify Patron.
- The email address will be pre-populated with patron's email address found in the patron's record. You can modify the email address if required.
- The subject of the email will also be pre-populated with subject headings pulled from Notify Patron configuration. You can modify the subject heading can be modified if required.
- Select a message from the Notify Message drop down. You can enter a custom message in the additional notes section if you do not want to use the pre-defined message.
- Enter notes if required.
- Message section will be pre-populated with canned message. You can modify the canned message if required. Use the html tag <BR> to add line breaks in the outgoing message.
- Click Send. The message will be sent to the patron using the email message template for Notify Patron.
- The audit record is automatically updated to show that the Patron Notification message was sent.
- The details of the audit note will display the complete text of the message sent to the patron. To see the details of the note, double click on the audit record.
Note: Notify Patron can only be used with requests from a patron, meaning, requests that have a patron id. If you attempt to use Notify Patron with a request from another library the following error message is displayed.