Learn how to create and update patron records in Relais ILL.
Patrons can be authenticated in one of the following ways:
- Lookup in the library’s local institutional system (e.g., using an LDAP server)
- See Patron authentication via a third party system.
- The result of this lookup is passed through to Relais via OpenURL.
- The patron data may then be retrieved from a lookup (via NCIP, ESIP, or SIP2) against a local ILS or from a patron record in Relais.
- Lookup in the library’s local ILS
- The patron enters a login and password. These credentials are checked against their patron record in the local ILS (via NCIP, ESIP or SIP2).
- In this case, only skeletal patron information is stored in Relais. Complete and current patron information is provided from the ILS for each request.
- Relais Login
- The patron enters a login and password. These credentials are checked against their patron record in Relais.
- This requires that patron records exist in Relais.
Note: Login and Password combinations created in the Relais patron records are case-sensitive.
Create and update patron records
When required, patron records can be created and updated in the following ways:
|Relais Patron Load
|Relais application to load and update patron records in batch.
|Add Request Web Service
|Relais web service which adds requests and can also be used to create a patron record if one does not already exist.
|Relais Staff Patron Registration forms
|Staff may register patrons as required.
|Relais Patron Self-Registration forms
|Relais forms which allow your patrons to register themselves online.