See also Query Results for details regarding the constant request information, standard buttons and request history.
Ship a loan to another library
After retrieving the requested item(s) from the shelf, they must be updated to Ship Loan prior to shipping them to the requesting library.
- Retrieve the request to be updated.
- The Ship Loan tab displays (when a request is in a Scan or Update queue, i.e., the bookband has been printed or emailed). See Query results, Tabs for more information on the tabs that may display.
- Constant request information displays.
- Pending displays.
- The cursor is in the Barcode field.
- Enter the barcode as described below and click Ship Loan or Enter.
- If your wand or barcode reader is programmed to enter automatically then it is not necessary to click Ship Loan or Enter manually.
- Shipped displays indicating that the update has been completed successfully.
- The request is updated in Relais as a Ship Loan (SHP).
- An audit record is added to the request.
- A loan tracking record is created in Relais .
- If NCIP or eSIP is enabled an NCIP CheckoutItem message is generated and sent to the local library system to check out the item.
- The cursor goes to the Exact Query input box (if your initial query returned a single request).
- The Request Number is highlighted so that the next Request Number can be wanded/typed in OR click Multi-volume to if there are multiple volumes to ship for the current request.
Mandatory. Key or wand in the barcode number for the item being loaned.
Once the loan tracking record is created in Relais, the request can be retrieved using this barcode.
When loaning a book to another library this barcode is included in the CheckoutItem message sent to the local library system.
Ship multiple items for a single request
If there are multiple items to be loaned for one request, click Multi-volume (before or after the first item is loaned).
|Input first barcode||
|Input subsequent barcode(s).||
|After last barcode||
Enter a new Request Number in Exact Query box.
Click Query to start a new search.
A separate loan tracking record is created for each physical item loaned.
If NCIP or eSIP is enabled NCIP CheckoutItem messages are generated and sent to the local library system to check out each item.
Undo Ship Loan
If you update a request as Ship Loan in error it is possible to undo the update.
Immediately after updating the request as Ship Loan, the Undo button is enabled.
- After clicking Undo, the following message displays
- Are you sure you want to undo the Ship Loan? Yes | No
- Click Yes to reverse the update in Relais, the Ship Loan can be done again or another request retrieved.
- If you are using NCIP, the Undo action sends a Checkin Item message to your local library system to check the item back in.
For a multi-volume loan, undo each item separately.
- In the grid, select the barcode and click Undo.
- Repeat this for each item for which the Ship Loan needs to be reversed.
If you have left this request, e,g., to update another request, then it is necessary to first Reopen the request prior to Undo.
- When the request is retrieved and opened the Complete Loan tab displays.
- Click Reopen to display Ship Loan.
- Click Undo. At this point the correct barcode can be entered.