Find the data requirements for a Non-MARC patterned data collection in WorldShare Collection Manager.
Data requirements for non-MARC patterned bibliographic data
- Data must be sent as a .CSV file, encoded as UTF-8, with additional data to create MARC records for processing.
- Download the Non-MARC patterned data template.
- The order and format of the columns in the template should not be changed.
- Red headings denote required fields.
- Italicized column headings denote the ability for OCLC to create repeatable fields. Separate each entry in these columns with a semi-colon to trigger separate entries.
- Save the template by encoding it as UTF-8.
- Data must be sent as a .CSV file encoded as UTF-8.
- The .CSV file for LHRs should have data for these headings:
Encode a .CSV Excel file to UTF-8
UTF-8 encoding a .CSV in Excel is not available for Mac.
- Click the File tab.
- Click Save As.
- Enter your file name and update your file path as needed.
- Include the collection ID as the first element of the file name followed by the OCLC institution symbol as the second element. A date and/or description can follow the symbol to help identify the file. Periods should be used between each data element., e.g. 1011111.OCL.20200301.NSK
- Select CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) from the Save as type drop-down list.
- Click More Options and select Web Options from the drop-down list.
- Click the Encoding tab.
- Select Unicode (UTF-8) from the Save this document as drop-down list.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.