- Records have been imported using Digital Collection Gateway
- Access Online button is not showing in Discovery
- DCG imported records
There are several possible reasons for this. Please contact OCLC Support if you need help with any of these troubleshooting steps.
STEP 1: Check the metadata
The Digital Collection Gateway should be adding the correct metadata to records when it harvests them, but it's worth checking.
- Open the record in Record Manager, and click the Edit button
- Check if the 029 and 856 MARC fields contain the required values listed under Links from WorldCat record 856 and 956 to open access content/free content.
- If these values are missing or wrong, contact OCLC Support. Don't try to edit the values yourself - it may be an issue in the Digital Collection Gateway.
STEP 2: Check Service Configuration
In Service Configuration, you can select whether or not Discovery displays the Access Online button for items harvested via the Digital Collection Gateway.
- Go to Service Configuration > WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local > Full Text and Open Access Links
- Expand WorldCat Local Search Results // WorldCat Discovery Search Results and Detailed Views
- Select WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway (i.e., OAIster, CONTENTdm, etc.)
- Click Save Changes
This change will apply straight away. Search for your item again and see if the problem is fixed.
See the Full Text and Open Access Links help page for more information.
STEP 3: CHECK FOR DUPLICATE LINKS
This situation occurs when the Digital Collection Gateway was used to import records and the link to the thumbnails and view online are exact duplicate links. Discovery will deduplicate the records and the view online link is not populated.
Using Constant Data mapping create a field value that is a location different than the collection item. This can be a link to a logo, collection or library page. Keep in mind this will become the thumbnail for every item in the collection.
- Once the field is created as constant data, map the thumbnail to the constant data value.
- Edit Metadata Map
- Click More>Show Mapped Fields
- Select Click to Map Thumbnail URL Field
- Select the field created with Constant Data Option
- Click Replace
- Sync Collection using Replace All option
- From Home menu
- Select collection>view collection profile
- Select radio button Replace All
- Discovery Items should now have view online links and the thumbnails will all be mapped to the constant data fields.
Step 4: Ask Support for help
If you've tried the above steps and are still having problems, please contact OCLC Support.