- Prevent Connexion from crashing, help it export successfully.
- Connexion client all versions
Follow these steps if you experience connectivity problems, your system crashes after attempting to export or when you are not getting expected messages after exporting to your ILS:
- Close Connexion client if it's running.
- While holding down the Windows logo key on your keyboard, hit the "r" key. This will open the run dialog box.
- Type %appdata% and hit Enter (or click OK).
- Double-click the OCLC folder.
- Double-click the Connex folder.
- Scroll down to the Connects.ini (Configuration settings) file. The .ini extension will not be visible if extensions are hidden.
- Right-click on the Connects file and select Delete.
- Reopen Connexion client.
- Navigate to Tools > Options > Export tab.
- Click Create and select OCLC Gateway Export.
- Enter your "Host Name" and "Port". This will vary based on your ILS.
- Just in case, change the Delay to 20. This is to give Connexion more time to get messages from the ILS.
- Click OK.
There is more information on Gateway Export settings.