- You get the error message Illegal Character entity: expansion character (code 0x2) not a valid XML character when validating a record in Connexion client
- Connexion client
This error means that Connexion client has come upon a character that it doesn't understand somewhere in your MARC record. To resolve it, follow these steps:
- Copy out the text of the record
- Pasted the text into a Notepad ++ window
- Select View > Show Symbol > Show all Characters from the Notepad++ menu
- You will find that there is an additional character beyond what you thought was present somewhere in the record.
- Backspace or type over the bad character
- Validate to confirm that the change resolves the issue.
- Save the record and/or export.
If problems persist, contact OCLC Support with your name, your library symbol, the authorization number you are working with and the OCLC# of the record. If the record is new, please copy out that record to a file and send it as well.