- How do I do a silent install of the OCLC Dewey Cutter Program?
- Dewey Cutter Program
This troubleshooting document has a setup.iss file that will need to be downloaded.
The Dewey Cutter Program was packaged with InstallShield. A response (.ISS) file has been created to silently install the program using the /s (silent) switch.
This article assumes you've already downloaded the Dewey Cutter Program.
The following steps require admin privileges and may require your IT department's assistance.
- Using a file archiver (such as 7-Zip), extract all files from the Cutter110.exe package.
- The extract operation will create a Cutter110 folder and a Disk1 folder under that.
- The Disk1 folder will have all the installation files including a setup.exe file.
- Copy the downloaded setup.iss file into the Disk1 folder.
- Place the Cutter110 folder structure onto the server you'll be doing the push install from.
- To do an automatic silent install of the program, from the Disk1 folder, issue the command line: Setup /s (and press Enter).
The setup program will find the .iss file automatically in the same folder and silently install the Dewey Cutter Program.