- When Gateway export a record to Koha ILS, Connexion client crashes and has to be restarted.
- Connexion - all versions
There is something about the Koha host name that is causing the client crash. To resolve the issue, create a new Gateway export destination. Once the existing export destination is damaged, it can't be reused.
Instead of the host name, use the IP of the Koha server. A ping of the server shows this: 'KOHA-NAME.bywatersolutions.com [PING.IP.GOES.HERE]'.
Do the following:
- Delete the existing Gateway export destination (it's damaged and won't work, even with an IP).
- Create a new Gateway export destination. In the host name box enter PING.IP.GOES.HERE (obtained from pinging the server).
- Enter all other information the same as before; port, login name and password.
OK out of the dialogs and try exporting a record. It should be successful.
How do I ping the Koha server?
- Hold down the Windows key (to the left or right of the Alt key) and while holding it down, press the letter r; this brings up the Windows Run box.
- Type cmd and press Enter (This opens a command line window).
- At the flashing cursor, type ping Koha server; (e.g., ping KOHA-NAME.bywatersolutions.com).
- Use the IP it returns in [PING.IP.GOES.HERE]. For example, [18.104.22.168].