Macros are short programs you write to automate routine tasks. Macros are built from commands. Each command does one step in the procedure you want to run automatically. Creating and using macros is optional and requires some understanding of BASIC programming language. The client supports macros written using OCLC Macro Language (OML), which provides:
- Standard BASIC functions and statements
- Macro commands developed specifically for the client
Why use macros?
Using macros can help to:
- Reduce the number of keystrokes and mouse clicks by running repetitive processing steps automatically
- Standardize procedures to reduce errors and inconsistencies
- Decrease staff time required for routine tasks