Purpose of the International Options window
- Select which data (Latin script and/or non-Latin scripts) is included in exported records and, if both, which data to put in 880 fields.
- Select sort order for WorldCat and local file search results (Latin script or non-Latin script).
- Set an option to include paired fields in workforms for cataloging using multiscripts.
- Select the client interface language.
- Select an option to automatically transliterate romanized data to Arabic script data for Arabic and Persian records when you retrieve records from WorldCat interactively (records that have language code ara or per but no field 066).
- Open a window to customize the list of fields that are auto-transliterated.
Access the International Options window
- Navigate to Tools > Options > International.
- Enter or select the options listed above for working with non-Latin data or for changing the language of the client interface. See details for each setting in the table below.
- Click OK or Apply.
See more about how to use features of the client for international cataloging and about how to use special tools and options for international cataloging.
International Options window: Features and buttons
|How to use
|Click a button for one of the following options to determine which data is exported in non-Latin script records:
|Primary Sort by Latin Script check box
|Click to clear or select the check box to determine the way WorldCat and local file search results are sorted:
WorldCat and local file keyword indexes include non-Latin script data.Note:
|Include paired fields in workforms for multi-script data check box
|Click to select or deselect (default) the check box for using paired fields in workforms to catalog using non-Latin scripts.
Applies to workforms (MARC format templates) for creating bibliographic records and bibliographic constant data.
|Interface Language list
|Select the language in the list that you want to use for the client interface. Languages available:
|Auto-transliterate Arabic fields and Auto-transliterate Persian fields check boxes
|Click to select or clear (default) automatic transliteratation of romanized data to Arabic script data in records when:
Auto-transliteration does not occur for WorldCat batch searching or for records retrieved from the online or local save file.
Click Choose Fields to select the fields to auto-transliterate.Note:
|Click the button to...
|Click to open the Choose Fields to Auto-Transliterate window to customize which fields are auto-transliterated.
Default: 1XX through 8XX fields are autotransliterated.
|Apply the settings you entered and close the window.
|Cancel any changes you made and close the window.
|Apply the settings you entered without closing the Options window. You can continue checking or changing other options settings.