Find out how to access and use the Import Records window in Connexion client.
Purpose of the Import Records window
- Specify the file of records you want to import
- Specify the destination:
- Online save file
- Local save file (bibliographic and/or authority)
You can open the Local File Manager window to manage local files (change the default, relocate, create, delete, etc.).
- Open a window to set options for imported records:
- Assign the default constant data record to imported bibliographic and authority records.
- Assign a custom My Status to imported bibliographic records (unavailable for imported authority records).
- Select a record standard: MARC 21 (default), Dublin Core Qualified, Dublin Core Simple, or MARC XML.
Select a character set: MARC-8 (default) or UTF-8 Unicode.
Access the Import Records window
- Navigate to File > Import Records or press <Alt><F><I>.
- In the File to Import text field, enter the full path and file name of the file containing the records you want to import, or click Browse and navigate to the file.
- Select a destination.
- Import to Online Save File
- Import to Local Save File
- Click Options to apply default constant data or to assign and apply a free-text My Status to imported records. Click OK when finished.
- Click Record Characteristics to select a record standard and/or a character set for imported records. Click OK when finished.
- Click OK to import records.
See more about how to import bibliographic records.
Import Records window: Features and buttons
|How to use
|File to Import field
|Enter the complete path and file name of the file containing the records you want to import.
Click Browse to open the Import File window (a standard Windows Open File window) and navigate to the file.
|Bibliographic and Authority display boxes
|If you select Import to Local Save File: Displays the full path and file names of your default local bibliographic and authority save files. To change the default or create a new file, click Local File Manager.
|Click the button to...
|Open the Import File window (a standard Windows "Open" window) and navigate to a file containing the records you want to import.
|Local File Manager
|Open the Local File Manager window to change the default bibliographic or authority local save file or create a new default local save file.
When finished, click Close to return to the Import Records window. Any changes you made to local file selection display immediately.
|Open the Import Options window to apply default constant data or to assign and apply a free-text My Status to imported records. When finished, click OK or Cancel to return to the Import Records window.
|Open the Record Characteristics window to specify the record standard and character set you want to use for imported records. When finished, click OK or Cancel to return to the Import Records window.
|Import records (or press <Enter>).
|Cancel importing records.