Search for the vendor to configure
To search for a vendor to configure the vendor for harvesting usage data for your e-resources:
- On the left side of the screen, expand Usage Data.
- Enter your search terms in the Available SUSHI Vendors box.
- Click Search.
- The search results will appear with three tabs at the top:
- Available SUSHI Vendors: Displays all vendors currently available in License Manager.
- My Request Vendors: Displays vendors previously requested by your library for addition to License Manager.
- My Aggregators: Displays available aggregator platforms that can be used with WorldShare License Manager to enable SUSHI harvesting.
- Find your desired vendor in the search results.
- Select Configure Vendor to configure a vendor for harvesting usage data.
- If you have previously configured a vendor, select the Actions tab to Edit or Delete the configuration.
Request a vendor
Request the addition of COUNTER SUSHI Vendor to License Manager.
- Search for a specific vendor or leave the search box blank and click Search.
- From the search results screen, select the My Requested Vendors tab.
- Click the Request a Vendor button.
- Enter the required information on the Request a Vendor screen:
- Vendor Name: Use the search box to enter the vendor you wish to add. If you cannot find the vendor you wish to add, create a new vendor using the Vendors section o n the left hand navigation. See Create a vendor for more information.
- Provider ID: A unique identifier for the vendor. To retrieve the Provider ID, find the collection on a new or existing license. The Provider ID is contained on the Collections tab of a license.
- Sushi Server URL: Enter the URL of the COUNTER SUSHI API for the requested vendor. This URL is different than the URL of the vendor's main webpage.
- Example URL: https://sushi5.scholarlyiq.com/counter/r5/reports
- Special Considerations: Optional. Select if your vendor requires IP ranges when enabling SUSHI harvesting from OCLC. OCLC's IP addresses will appear.
- Version: Select the COUNTER type to setup for the vendor.
- Report Type: Select at least one report type to enable for the vendor.
- Credentials: Enter your library's SUSHI credentials to enable testing of the vendor connection.
- COUNTER 4: Enter Requestor ID and Customer ID.
- Click Test & Save.
Once you have requested a vendor, License Manager will test the connection based on the supplied credentials. Requested vendors will appear with a Request Status on the My Requested Vendors tab. Statuses include:
- Approved: The vendor's credentials have been verified and the vendor is approved. The vendor is available under the Available SUSHI Vendors tab.
- Requested: If License Manager is unable to verify the vendor with the credentials provided, the vendor will be reviewed by the License Manager team.
- Declined: The vendor is not approved for SUSHI harvesting. A reason the vendor has been declined will be provided. Use the Actions drop down to edit and resubmit the request.
You can configure an Alert to notify you when a vendor has been approved or declined. See Configure Alerts for more information.
About License Manager and harvesting COUNTER usage reports via SUSHI
WorldShare License Manager currently supports the COUNTER reports listed below.
- COUNTER 4 (COUNTER 4) - JR1, JR1 GOA, JR1a, JR2, JR3, JR3mobile, JR4, JR5, DB1, DB2, PR1, BR1, BR2, BR3, BR4, BR5, CR1, CR2, MR1, MR2, TR1, TR1mobile, TR2, TR3, TR3mobile
To find more information about COUNTER reports in relation to WorldShare Reports, see WorldShare Reports and Report Designer, E-Resources reports.
Vendors and vendor-specific requirements for harvesting COUNTER 4 reports via SUSHI
Refer to the registry of COUNTER-compliant vendors for the configuration details needed to harvest usage data for your vendor. All vendors require credentials or identifiers and some vendors require other unique steps. See the registry for the most up-to-date details.
The required fields needed to successfully configure SUSHI vendors are also listed on each vendor's configuration screen within License Manager.