- I am trying to identify duplicates within the Circulation Item Inventory report. With larger sets of data Excel is freezing.
- WorldShare Circulation
In many cases, you can identify duplicates by using Conditional Formatting within Excel.
For smaller sets of data, do the following:
- Select the range of cells you wish to test.
- Go to Home > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Duplicate Values.
- Select a format from the options drop-down list, Click OK
- Use sorting or filtering to pull out the duplicates.
When working in Excel with a very large file, it can be difficult to identify, sort, or pull out duplicates. An alternative is to use the Launch Power Editor option.
- Open File in Excel
- Go to Data > Get Data > Launch Power Query Editor
- Highlight the column you need to view duplicates for
- Click Keep Rows > Keep Duplicates
- Once the rows are loaded, click Close & Load
- Save File