Hold Fulfillment Policy
Use this screen to create or edit hold fulfillment policies which determine how long items are on the hold shelf.
To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the WMS Circulation left navigation, select Holds and Schedules, and then select the Hold Fulfillment Policy link.
Use this screen to determine how long items are on the hold shelf.
- The hold shelf is the location in your library where items on hold are stored until picked up by patrons.
Create or edit hold fulfillment policies
- On the Hold Request Policy screen, click Create New, or click the Policy Name you want to edit.
- On the Create New or Edit Policy screen, enter a Policy Name.
- Fill in the Hold Fulfillment Policy fields.
- Click Save.
Hold Fulfillment Policy fields
Use the descriptions for the Hold Shelf Expiration and Fulfillment sections of the Hold Fulfillment Policy fields to help create your hold fulfillment policies.
Hold Shelf Expiration
|Hold Shelf Period.||
|In-House Use Period||
|Hold Shelf Expiration Notification Policy||
|Bill For Picking Up Hold||Automatically bill a patron when the requested material is checked out to their account or the item is used in-house for the first time. Select a fixed bill from the list. Create fixed bills on the Bill Structures screen.|
|Item Approval||Determine if the requested material should automatically be set to be approved by an authorized member of library staff. The hold will not display as Ready for use when in this state. Refer to Hold approval and preparation for more information.|
|Item Preparation||Determine if the requested material should automatically be set to be prepared by an authorized member of library staff. The hold will not display as Ready for use when in this state. Refer to Hold approval and preparation for more information.|
|Hold Pickup Notification Policy||Select the hold pickup notification that will be sent to the patron when their hold is available. Create hold pickup notifications on the Notification Policies screen.|
Copy hold fulfillment policies
- Click the Policy Name you want to copy.
- In the top right corner, click Copy. The copied policy appears.
- Enter a policy name and edit any additional fields.
- Click Save
Delete hold fulfillment policies
Policies cannot be deleted if they are in use.
- Click the Policy Name you want to delete.
- In the top right corner, click Delete.
- On the Confirm window, click OK.
Hold Fulfillment Policy depends upon:
Hold Fulfillment Policy is used in: