Hold Fulfillment Policy
- Laatst bijgewerkt
Opslaan als pdf
Use this screen to create or edit hold fulfillment policies which determine how long items are on the hold shelf.
To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the WMS Circulation left navigation, select Holds and Schedules, and then select the Hold Fulfillment Policy link.
Use this screen to determine how long items are on the hold shelf.
- The hold shelf is the location in your library where items on hold are stored until picked up by patrons.
Create or edit hold fulfillment policies
- On the Hold Request Policy screen, click Create New, or click the Policy Name you want to edit.
- On the Create New or Edit Policy screen, enter a Policy Name.
- Fill in the Hold Fulfillment Policy fields.
- Click Save.
Hold Fulfillment Policy fields
Use the descriptions for the Hold Shelf Expiration and Fulfillment sections of the Hold Fulfillment Policy fields to help create your hold fulfillment policies.
Hold Shelf Expiration
|Hold Shelf Period.
- Amount of time the item is available on the hold shelf.
- The time begins when the item is checked in at the pickup location.
- Patrons have the duration of the period to pick up their hold .
- At the end of the period, if the item is not picked up, the system sends the Hold Shelf Expiration Notification Policy and the item is listed in the Clear hold shelf report for removal from the hold shelf.
- Exclude closed hours: If disabled (default), the hold shelf period will continue to include time that your library is closed.
- When enabled, the hold shelf period will only include time that the pickup location is open. The calculated hold shelf period will not expire when your library is closed and patrons will have the configured amount of time to pickup their reserved items.
Note: The open hours of the pickup branch are used if the branch's open hours are set to override your institution hours.
- Limit to hold expiry date: If enabled (default), the item's hold shelf period will be limited to the unfulfilled hold's expiry date.
|In-House Use Period
- Specify an amount of time for a patron to consult an item reserved for in-house use. The In-House Use Period is an optional configuration to adjust the hold's expiration date automatically when a reserved item is consulted in house for the first time. This hold reservation period will be calculated from the moment the request moves to In use status. See Manage in-house use of items for more information.
- Optional. Select the Exclude closed hours option to calculate the duration using only the time when the pickup location is open. The open hours of the branch are used if that branch's open hours are set to override your institution's hours.
- If you do not want the hold shelf expiry period to be adjusted at the first in-house use, you may leave the In-House Use Period blank
|Hold Shelf Expiration Notification Policy
- Select the hold shelf expiration notification that will be sent to the patron when their hold expires from the Hold Shelf.
|Bill For Picking Up Hold
||Automatically bill a patron when the requested material is checked out to their account or the item is used in-house for the first time. Select a fixed bill from the list. Create fixed bills on the Bill Structures screen.
|Hold Pickup Notification Policy
||Select the hold pickup notification that will be sent to the patron when their hold is available. Create hold pickup notifications on the Notification Policies screen.
Copy hold fulfillment policies
- Click the Policy Name you want to copy.
- In the top right corner, click Copy. The copied policy appears.
- Enter a policy name and edit any additional fields.
- Click Save
Delete hold fulfillment policies
Policies cannot be deleted if they are in use.
- Click the Policy Name you want to delete.
- In the top right corner, click Delete.
- On the Confirm window, click OK.
Hold Fulfillment Policy depends upon:
Hold Fulfillment Policy is used in: