WorldShare Acquisitions comes prepopulated with the following system default return reasons:
- Damaged item
- Delivered too many copies
- Item already owned by library
- Item not accepted (ordered on approval)
- Item ordered by mistake
- Wrong edition
- Wrong item
Any of these return reasons may be assigned when returning all or specific copies of an item. Once assigned, system default return reasons can be viewed by:
- Staff from the Copies tab of the Order Item screen.
- Vendors if the notify vendor option was selected for the return. The return reason will be communicated to the vendor in the language of the vendor, if the notify vendor option is chosen.
System default return reasons cannot be edited or deleted. You can create a custom return reason if the system default reasons do not cover your reason for return.
View the system default return reasons
- On the left navigation, click Settings > Institution Settings.
- Click Return Reasons to open the accordion.
- Double-click the Reason Type column heading. The system default return reasons now appear at the top of the list.
- (Optional) Click a Reason to view the reason language and available translations. Click Cancel to close the View Reason dialog.