You can administer your institution configuration settings from WorldShare Acquisitions. On the left navigation, click Settings > Administration to access your institution configuration settings. You can modify the following areas from the Administration screen.
Budget and Pricing
- Click Budget and Pricing accordion to open the accordion.
- For Default Budget Period Duration, select the default duration for new budget periods created from the drop-down list.
- 6 months
- 1 year
- 2 years
Caution: This field is not currently working as expected. OCLC recommends not using it to set a budget period duration at this time.
- For Default Tax Handling, select the default tax handling to be used on new orders and new invoices from the drop-down list.
- Tax item cost - Tax is calculated based only on the item cost, rather than the sum of the item price with service charges and shipping.
- Tax item, shipping, and service costs - Tax is calculated based on a percentage of the sum of the item price along with the service charges and shipping costs. Use when service charges and shipping costs are also taxed.
- Include taxes in costs - Tax is included in the unit price of the item itself.
Note: The default tax handling can be overridden manually in an order or invoice.
Receiving and Local Holding Record
- Click Receiving and Local Holding Record to open the accordion.
- For Default Shelving Scheme, select the shelving scheme to use for new local holdings records created by Acquisitions during receiving from the drop-down list. Your selection also determines which call number from the bibliographic record to pull into the Receiving and Invoicing screen in Acquisitions.
- Dewey Decimal - Also pulls in the Dewey Decimal call number from the bibliographic record into the Receive and Invoice screen.
- Library of Congress - Also pulls in the Library of Congress call number from the bibliographic record into the Receive and Invoice screen.
- MARC Code
- National Library of Medicine - Also pulls in the NLM call number from the bibliographic record into the Receive and Invoice screen.
- Shelved Separately
- Shelving Control Number
- Superintendent of Documents
- For Local Holding Record Pricing, select how the price of any local holding records created by Acquisitions is calculated.
- None - No price is set when creating the Local Holding Record.
- Unit Price, plus Taxes, Shipping, and Service Charges - Sets the price of the Local Holding Record based on the total price of the order item, including unit price, taxes, shipping, and service charges.
- Unit Price - Sets the price of the Local Holding Record based only on the unit price of the order item.
- For Set Arrival Date, select the check box to display the dialog to set the arrival date after receiving an item.
- For Receiving Alerts:
- Select the Holds check box to receive an alert when an item being received has a hold on it.
- Select the Requestor check box to receive an alert when an item being received has a requestor.
- Click Custom Fields to open the accordion.
- For Prevent Modifications To:
- Select the Order Item Custom Fields check box to prevent users from modifying Fields 11-20 of the order item custom fields.
- Select the Invoice Item Custom Fields check box to prevent users from modifying Fields 11-20 of the invoice item custom fields.
- For Import, select the Enabled check box to allow the import of custom field data into Acquisitions.
- Click Optional Features to open the accordion.
- For Display:
- Select the Legal Deposit Receipts check box to enable viewing of Legal Deposit Receipts in the left navigation.
- Select the Statistics Value check box to enable the Statistics Value field on the order item.