At the Circ. Desk
When a reserved item is returned at the Circ. Desk OLIB displays the following message:
Copy has been held for [User name - Barcode - Location]
- Click OK to acknowledge this message. The copy will be returned and placed on hold for the user who has reserved it.
- When that user next passes through the Issues/Returns/Renewals system, OLIB notifies the library staff that an item is ready for collection with this message:
This user has one or more items waiting for collection
- Issue the item to the user who placed the reservation.
Reservation alert notices
OLIB can be configured to send a Reservation Held alert notice automatically via email to notify a user and/or members of the library that a Reservation is held for a user: Reservations alerts.
The notice can be configured to display the date the reservation was held. If a Hold Period has been set on the Location record, the date the item will be held to will also be displayed. If a Collection Location was specified when the reservation was placed, this will also be shown on the notice.
There is also some configuration to tie in with In transit issues.
Print a collection notice
If required, you can output a printed notification letter to post to the user for whom the item has been held.
- Go to the reservations domain and search for the Held reservation.
- Click on Print and select the print layout Reservation Collection Notice:
Address Line 1,
Address Line 2,
Address Line 3,
Reservation Collection Notice
The reserved item, listed below, is now available for collection
It will be held for 7 days from the date shown.
Please collect as soon as possible or let the Library staff know that the item is no longer required.
Title | Location | Date Held From