- Amlib Authorities
- Amlib Catalogue
- Amlib Stockitems
- Amlib Borrower
- Supervisor Amlib to set the default
For a temporary increase in the Search results the Search Size can be set within each Module. The Search result size can be set to 1, 5, 25, 100, 250, 500,1000, 2000, 5000 or 10000 if you have the latest module (V6.3) in every module. This will remain until you log out of the Module. Once logged out, it will return to the default.
- Authority - set in Authority Menu > SetSearchSize
- Catalogue - set in Catalogue Menu > SetSearchSize
- Stockitems - set in Item Menu > Query Settings > SetSearchSize
- Borrower - set in Borrower Menu > SetSearchSize > SetSearchSize
The default Search size can be adjusted in Main > Supervisor > Installation. This will remain as the Search size unless it is adjusted within the Module and apply across all of the four modules. To alter this default Search size:
- Click on the Installation Menu at the top and click Choose Location.
- Highlight the relevant location (usually your Login Location) and click OK.
- You will be back at the Installation window with the relevant location displaying at the top.
- Click the System button from the buttons at the top.
- In the parameter "Default search cache size" enter the required amount in the Value column.This default value can be no larger than 4 digits.
- Click Save F3.
- Log out of Amlib and that value should now be the default search size when you next log into the Modules. You will see the Default Search Size in the bottom right hand corner as ?Size.
If the change does not take place after saving and logging out, it could be that there are Network settings which are still applying and that restrict the number of search results according to the day of the week and the hour of the day. With more efficient computers these restrictions are usually no longer necessary and can be deleted if they apply to a location.
- Check these settings in Main > Supervisor > Locations.
- Highlight the relevant location.
- Click the F7 Netwk button.
- Highlight any line that display in this table and press F4 Delete (unless there are times of the day that you wish to get fewer results).
- It will ask for confirmation and answer Yes. This will put a X (cross) to the left of the line.
- Repeat for every line.
- Finally click F3 Save to delete all of the lines marked with a X.
- Log out of Amlib and come back in and the settings that are set in Installation (as described above) will now have priority for the Search results in each module.