Doorgaan naar de website
I have accidentally ordered item barcodes with a different configuration of letters and numbers. Can I get Amlib to recognise these barcodes?
- Laatst bijgewerkt
Opslaan als pdf
- Amlib Stockitems
- Amlib Supervisor
- Yes, it is possible to configure Amlib barcodes easily. You can adapt the combinations as required, while remembering that the leading and trailing characters can be a combination of alphanumeric characters by the use of symbols:
- # indicates any numeric character
- ? indicates any alpha character
- & indicates any alphanumeric character
- Enter I in the first columns for Item Barcode setup and enter B in the first column for Borrower Barcodes
- After setting up the relevant Barcode setup, use F6 Test after indicating if the Barcode is Item or Borrower by changing the radio buttons at the top
- For example, set Amlib to read Item barcodes with 3 letters and then 4 numbers:
- Go to Main > Supervisor > CheckDigits. There is a guide at the top right hand column of the window that states: The leading and trailing columns can be a combination of alphanumeric characters showing the symbols to use to create the customised barcode as shown above.
- Press F1 New.
- Type an I in the first column (this is the letter I for Item).
- Tab over the next two columns to get to the column for Leading Chars (characters).
- Enter ??? in that column (if you look in the guide at the top right hand section you can see that the ? stands for an alpha character).
- Tab to the Trailing Chars (characters) column and enter #### (# stands for a numeric character).
- Click F3 Save.
- The length column will be populated.
- You can then test out the barcode by changing the radio button at the top to Item and scanning the barcode. Click F6 Test.
- If it displays Valid Check Digit, then it is set up correctly for the barcode.
- Log out of Amlib completely and log back in before using the new barcodes within the modules.