Combine, qualify, and expand searches
Discover how to combine, qualify, and expand your searches.
- Boolean operators
- Discover how to use Boolean operators to narrow or broaden your WorldCat index search.
- Proximity operators
- Discover how to use proximity operators to indicate relationships and positions of search terms in relation to each other when searching WorldCat indexes.
- Qualified searches
- Discover how to qualify a WorldCat index search by combining numeric, keyword, and derived search terms with qualifier indexes and supported values using AND or NOT.
- Wildcards and truncation
- Discover how to use wildcard and truncation symbols to expand or focus WorldCat index searches.
- Examples of combined and qualified searches
- Find examples of combined and qualified WorldCat index searches in Connexion, FirstSearch, WorldShare, and WorldCat Discovery.